Tuesday, May 2, 2017

OSCAR STORIES: JARMYN COWEN



This right here is a 1974 Kawasaki Z1900. I remember it was nicknamed the “New York Steak.” It was a pretty dominant motorcycle on the streets for almost a decade.

I can tell you that this motorcycle has probably upset more women that anything because I treat this motorcycle better than I treat my relationships. I have been married, and have had…Oh, I don’t know how many girls since I was 18 and she, the bike, has always been with me. She has always been protected and that has always created a little tension with the ladies.

I definitely don’t want to alter the motorcycle. I don’t want to weld or put something in a place just so I can ride it. I’m working on getting my leg back into shape after the accident, so I can ride the way I am supposed. The hardest thing for now is to keep it protected and finding storage or garages. It’s even been in my living room before.
My life isn’t as bad as it seems. I just wish I could ride. I miss it. I’ve been riding motorcycles since I was 6 years old. It is a huge part of my life. I will never sell this bike. I’ve been offered many times to sell it but there is just no way. It will probably be cremated with me and will be placed in my jar of ashes when I go.

But for now, she’s waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment