Monday, April 17, 2017

OSCAR STORIES: AARON COLTON







It was Christmas morning. I was two. My old man sprang for a Yamaha PW50, training wheels and all. I guess you could say that’s what originally planted the seed. It wasn’t too long after that when dad took the training wheels off  and I’ve pretty much been surrounded by motorcycles ever since.

Looking back, I remember getting tested in the 7th or 8th grade. Going through different proficiency tests on the computer, trying
to determine what career I’d succeed in. Everything you could imagine came up. And yet, and not a single thing piqued my interest. While perhaps consciously I didn’t know it the time, looking back in the rearview mirror, it’s clear it’s always been motorcycles.

Growing up, the goal was never to be the best street freestyle rider in the world. That seemed like a small goal. I had my heart set on building a brand that allowed me the freedom to explore all the different projects that I was passionate about.

Fast forward to life in SoCal. I landed in LA five years ago. That’s when I really realized the potential of building a brand and building a life out of my love for bikes. It became clear that if you play your cards right, you can absolutely gure out a way to succeed. Not only through passion projects, like custom builds, but straddling the line between having fun and maintaining your competitive drive. That’s what flipped the switch for me.

I’ve made mistakes, just like everyone else. I’ve had my setbacks. Over expenditures. I’ve projected things wrong and projected things right. But I’m at a point now where I’ve built enough of a cushion with my brand that I can keep moving forward and continue to explore all the passion projects that I want to.

I’m beyond stoked where I’m at in life. I honestly couldn’t have chosen another career, even if it was higher paying job. There’s no way that I’d be as stoked on going out and getting it done every day. No way. Motorcycles have led me to this place and this is exactly where I’m supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment