Monday, April 30, 2018

TODAY DAYTONA, TOMORROW THE WORLD.

“When I first showed up to race for the World Championship everybody from Europe – including Barry Sheene - said about me, ‘Oh, he’s going to struggle. He’s no threat.’ I was pretty much unknown when the season first started. Sheen was famous. He was the number one athlete in Great Britain two years in-a-row. I came from America, and if you weren’t into motorcycle racing, you’re never know who the hell I was. I knew on the race track what was going to happen, though. Off the race track, I didn’t care. Once you’re on the race track and you’ve got your helmet on, racing is racing.” - Kenny Roberts


World Championship Barry Sheene athlete Great Britain America motorcycle racing race track helmet racing Kenny Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment