Tuesday, June 20, 2017

OSCAR STORIES: MICHAEL JOHNSON



My name is Michael Johnson and this is my 2007 Benelli Café Racer, 1130CC, triple. It’s more of a work of art than anything else but it’s lovely to ride as well.
I race motorcycles and I own 7 of them. The majority of the bikes I own are race bikes so obviously they can’t go on the street. The Benelli is just great on the road and on the freeway. It’s a nice, smooth and fast ride. You can get away from anybody. 
If there were a fire in my garage and I had to choose, it would definitely be this Benelli, because I can’t replace it. This one is a rarity. You know, you can get an insurance check, but it just wouldn’t cover it. I have a Ducati, which I can go out and get another one tomorrow. I have a track bike, I can probably get a better one tomorrow, but this one is definitely the one I’d go for. 
If I’m standing in the garage, I’m the type of guy that will start wiping her down. 

Ever since I can remember, I have always wanted a motorcycle. So much so, my father would always say, “You’ll have a motorcycle over my dead body.”
About a week after he died, I bought my first motorcycle. 
Now I’m a racer and it’s a part of my life. I defied my father because once I got on a bike, you instantly feel the addiction. If I’m off of my motorcycle for more than a week, I feel a sense of urgency to get back on. The bike, the lifestyle, it is a part of me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment