Monday, June 12, 2017

OSCAR STORIES: ALEX CHACON


My father always had a motorcycle in the garage. I think I was around 2 years old when he first put me on his Honda Shadow and I remember that he never put any more than 500 miles on a motorcycle…so I took that as a challenge. I said “You know what? I’m going to ride more miles in one day then my dad did in his entire life!”

I grew up with motorcycles and I’m usually a GS guy but on my last trip, riding through South America, I took a KLR 2016 because I sold everything I owned; my clothing, my car, everything. It was either buying the GS and not be able to go anywhere or getting a KLR and be able to finish my adventure.

A bike allows me to connect with people directly, in a more profound and deep way with anyone around the world. So any biker on the road is a friend. I really don’t know if I am in the right place or the wrong place in my life right now but I do know that where I am has provided the most opportunities in benefiting people around me, which is very important. It has been the pinnacle of my life to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment